The Service Specialist is generally responsible for providing any assistance required by customers throughout the General Sales area. This position is key in the company’s ability to fulfill our mission statement, which is to provide a superior shopping experience every day.
You will also be responsible for handling customer issues and supervision of the front end of the store while on duty. Front end duties include monitoring cashier coverage, maintaining front end supplies, replenishing change float, and answering calls for customer assistance at the check outs.
In addition to the above duties, this is also a customer service position which requires a great deal of customer contact. Applicants must be able to work effectively in a fast paced environment while at the same time providing quality service in a professional, courteous, and helpful manner.
You will have good inter-personal, motivational, delegation and follow up skills, combined with a willingness to accept responsibility, and an ability to train others and monitor their work habits. You will also be able to cope with stress, pressure, and remain calm when dealing with difficult situations.
A positive, mature, and professional leadership style, good inter-personal, motivational, delegation and follow up skills, and a solid understanding of policies and procedures are essential for this role. Supervisory experience would be considered an asset.
If you have superior customer service experience, the ability to work with a sense of urgency, combined with excellent communication skills (good listener, patient, and articulate), then we have the opportunity for you to excel!
We offer advancement opportunities through our promote-from-within policies, salaries commensurate with experience, and a comprehensive benefits program including:
- Health & Wellness (We repay up to 100% of your YM/YWCA gym membership)
- Comprehensive, optional medical, dental, prescription drug and vision coverage for you and your family (Ensuring you and your family are taken care of)
- Company matched RRSPs (Helping you plan for your future
- Employee Discount Program (Sharing our success)
- Ongoing In-House Training & Education Courses (Lifelong learning)
- Employee Family Assistance Program (Free confidential counseling and support)
- Employee Recognition Program (Tangible rewards for great work!)
- Community Involvement (Giving back to our communities)
Applicants should be available to work a flexible schedule, Monday to Sunday.
If you possess the necessary skills and expertise and would like to join an exciting team of professionals,